EGAP has adopted the Layered Privacy Notice format. This document provides you with a succinct overview of how EGAP will handle your personal information.
3. Personal Information Handling Practices
EGAP usually collect personal information about individuals directly from those individuals or their authorised representative/s.
EGAP sometimes collects personal information from a third party or from a publicly available source, but only if:
- the individual has consented to such collection or would reasonably expect us to collect their personal information in this way, or
- if it is necessary for a specific purpose such as the investigation of a privacy complaint.
EGAP only collect personal information for purposes which are directly related to our business, provision of goods and services or activities under the Privacy Act 1988 and only when it is necessary for, or directly related to, such purposes.
Use and disclosure
EGAP only use personal information for the purposes for which we collected it – purposes which are directly related to one of our functions, services or activities.
In order to bill you, certain financial information will be sent to Airepure’s Financial institution for the purpose of billing your credit card. Other than Airepure’s Financial Institution, Airepure will not share your personal or financial information with third parties without your prior consent. At the time you make a purchase with Airepure your consent is required to provide your financial or contact information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies and the companies that handle shipping on our behalf.
EGAP do not give personal information about an individual to other Government agencies, private sector organisations or anyone else unless one of the following applies:
- the individual has consented
- the individual would reasonably expect, or has been told, that information of that kind is usually passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law
- it will prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to somebody’s life or health, or
- it is reasonably necessary for the enforcement of the criminal law or of a law imposing a pecuniary penalty, or for the protection of public revenue.
EGAP takes steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
EGAP take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure and against other misuse.
When the personal information that we collect is no longer required, we destroy or delete it in a secure manner.
4. Individuals access to personal information
If you are listed on one or more of our email lists you can opt out at any time. You can unsubscribe by using the ‘unsubscribe’ options noted in our emails.
5. Our obligations
EGAP is bound by the Information Privacy Principles in the Privacy Act.
6. Airepure Australia Pty Ltd and links to other web sites
Airepure Australia provide links to external web sites.
These external linked sites are not under the control of Airepure, and as such Airepure is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of companies linked to the Airepure web site.
Before disclosing your personal information on any other web site, we advise you to examine the privacy policies of those web sites.
7. How to contact us
For further information, contact us at email@example.com or or alternatively you can write to us at: Privacy Officer Airepure Australia PO Box 747 Mulgrave VIC 3170.
©Airepure Australia 2014
*EGAP Companies in Australia:
Elta Group (Asia Pacific) Pty Ltd – see below individual websites
Airepure Australia Pty Ltd – www.airepure.com.au
Fantech Pty Ltd – www.fantech.com.au
Air Design Pty Ltd – www.airdesign.com.au
Systemaire Pty Ltd – www.systemaire.com.au
Burra Sheetmetal Pty Ltd – www.burrasm.com.au