Clean Air Operating Theatre Ventilation System
Focus 1000 Features
- Modular construction
- Unique design to deliver ultra clean air over the operating table downwards and outwards
- Minipleat HEPA / ULPA filters
- Gel filter seal
- Perforated stainless steel diffuser
- Central duct for operating table light stem
- Optional perimeter lighting 3 model configurations
In the pursuit of reducing air borne bacteria in operating theatres, the Focus 1000 Clean Air Operating Theatre Ventilation System by Airepure® Australia provides a controlled distribution of biologically clean air at the operating table, while reducing the risk of contamination from outside the clean zone. Designed to be constructed in a modular form, the Focus 1000 unit enables installation into existing operating theatre facilites.
The Focus 1000 configuration provides superior air quality at the operating theatre table level compared to the conventional arrangement of individual terminal mounted HEPA filters in the theatre ceiling.
Airepure operating theatre ventilation systems are designed to comply with the Australian Council on Health Care Standards (ACHS) guidelines for the air flow and velocity and at the operating table level and the performance requirements of the Health Technical Memorandum (HTM) 03 with respect to supply air velocity below the diffuser. These systems are of a proven design where the air distribution profile has been demonstrated by computational fluid dynamic (CFD) modelling and validated by a full size installation.
The following design characteristics are standard of the Focus 1000 Clean Air Operating Theatre Ventilation System:
- Modular construction.
- Compact size to minimize ventilation plant capacity.
- Minipleat high capacity low pressure loss HEPA filters (99.99% min efficiency on 0.3μm particles).
- Gel filter sealing.
- Perforated stainless steel diffuser engineered to achieve the required air flow distribution.
- Central duct for operating theatre light stem.
Optional Design Characteristics
The following design characteristics are optional for the Focus 1000 Clean Air Operating Theatre Ventilation System:
- 120mm HC Minipleat HEPA filters ULPA filters (99.9995% min efficiency on 0.12μm particles).
- Integrated perimeter lighting.
- Integrated return air grilles.
- Differential pressure gauge for HEPA filter condition monitoring.
- Customised design can be implemented for specific project work.
Air Quality and Distribution
The following minimum standards apply to the Focus 1000 Clean Air Operating Theatre Ventilation System:
- A maximum of 0.5 bacteria-carrying particles per cubic metre of air issuing from the final filters.
- Less than 10 bacteria-carrying particles per cubic metre of air within 300mm of the wound.
- Less than 20 bacteria-carrying particles per cubic metre of air in the 1.9m x 1.9m working area at table height (contamination of instruments and material within the sterile field will lead to wound contamination).
- The system provides a controlled distribution of ultra clean air vertically downward and outwards.
The CFD modelling diagram shows the uniform controlled air movement acheived through the Focus 1000 Clean Air Operating Theatre Ventilation System. The various shading of air flow depicted in this CFD modelling shows the face velocity at the ceiling diffuser and demonstates the table height as being within the range of the DHS guidelines for the operating theatre ventilation systems. The air distribution moves downward and outwards from the table, providing a clean air zone by moving the air in a controlled and uniform fashion. Any particulates forming in the clean zone under the Focus 1000 by the theatre team or a procedure within the theatre are quickly diluted through the controlled air distribution and expelled from the clean zone.
Manufactured by Airepure® Australia Pty Ltd
Model no.: Focus 1000
TRADEMARK NO: 791727 AUSTRALIA
DESIGN REGISTRATION AU 133659 S
The Focus 1000 Clean Air Operating Theatre Ventilation System is constructed from high quality zinc seal steel with epoxy paint finish to ensure a hard wearing cleanable finish. The diffuser is manufactured from stainless steel sheet perforated and formed to assist with the airflow distribution.The disposable return air pre filter conforms to Australian Standard AS 1324.
Dimension Clean Zone (nom): 1900 x 1900mm
Overall Size (nom): 2200 x 2200mm
Unit Depth 550mm
Supply Air Volume: 1500-1750L/S
Average face velocity at diffuser: 0.38m/s.
The installation of the Focus 1000 Clean Air Operating Theatre Ventilation System should take into consideration the unit mounting height, the ceiling height, the diffuser configuration and the quantity of conditioned air, the supply air temperature and the room construction. Correct installation of the system and the balancing of the supply and aid return air flow rates is important to ensure optimal performance.
Provide: 4 x 65mm Minipleat HEPA filters
Supplier: Airepure® Australia Pty Ltd
Model: AirePanel CS Filter Efficiency: rated at 99.99% min efficiency on 0.3 micron.
Note: Optional ULPA filters (99.999% min efficiency on 0.12μm particles) are available for the Focus 1000 Clean Air Operating Theatre Ventilation System.
General Filter Information
Due to the critical nature of their end-use, Laminar Flow Grade filters are manufactured and tested in a segregated production area with its own Laminar Flow Grade air supply. Each filter is individually tested and inspected to ensure that it conforms to industry standards and meets or exceeds the expectations of the customer.
The HEPA filter (or ULPA filter if selected) combined with the Focus 1000 unique design delivers ultraclean air over the operating table downwards and outwards. A differential pressure gauge is interfaced with the BMS to monitor filter performance and allow for filter change over.
The information provided on this web page is accurate at the time of printing to the best of Airepure Australia' knowledge, however, it should not be relied upon. Circumstances differ with every installation and location therefore suitability of all Airepure products should be confirmed with a qualified Airepure Technical Representative. ©Airepure Australia 2012