Airepure Australia is a leading national air filtration company providing unique, powerful and integrated air filtration solutions, ranging from basic HVAC filtration through to high end HEPA/ULPA filtration and airborne containment technologies.
We have our own range of quality air filtration products, accessories and NATA testing services. We are able to offer a growing range of specialty air filtration products and services through our long standing partnerships with various leading and respected international air filtration companies, including Purafil Inc, Flanders CSC, Linair, Strobic Air, Met-Pro and Duall.
Airepure provide air filtration and wet scrubber technologies aimed at odour control and air -born chemical release prevention within industrial and waste water plants and facilities. We provide ultra clean air filtration, HEPA filter and air-born containment technologies to science, medical and pharmaceutical industry applications. We also provide air conditioning filters, odour control and air-born contaminant solutions for commercial venues, facilities and mobile plants.
Airepure have office or agent, warehouse and technical support facilities in all major cities, including Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane, Townsville, Adelaide, Perth, and Hobart. Our in-house engineering, estimation and service departments ensure we can support and service our clients through the entire process from system design to installation as well as after sales service and maintenance.
From its inception in 1998, Airepure Australia has been dedicated to providing effective, innovative and affordable filtration solutions throughout Australia.
The story began from a humble start where three friends and colleagues, Peter Wingfield, James (Jim) McIntosh & Roger Van Oosten decided that with over 40 years experience between them in the Filtration Industry that they would go it alone and sell Filtration solutions – and it began very modestly indeed with the 3 of them working initially from home.
Their respect in the industry was so highly regarded that in 1999, both Flanders Filters Inc and Purafil Inc of the USA supported them and their company by licencing them with their Australian distribution rights. This also gave Airepure access to some of the best Engineering resources in the USA, which assisted us in ensuring world class solutions, a position that is still ongoing. Some major Australian contractors also came on board in these early days as clients, and without naming names, these clients are still major supporters and accounts of Airepure today.
The next milestone was in late 2000, where we moved out of the house & into premises in Toorak Road, Camberwell Victoria – probably the first real transition from their initial dream to the reality of a real business.
The company continued to grow, and in 2002 opened its’ first interstate branch in Sydney, NSW. The Victorian operation was also growing at a great rate so in June 2002, it relocated from Camberwell to a larger warehousing environment at our current site in Mulgrave.
In 2003 we gained ISO 9001 accreditation, and introduced odour control systems to our product range.
2004 saw the introduction of Power Clean Systems, predominantly for Kitchen Exhaust solutions.
2004 was a year where a new office opened interstate with the purchase from Parsons Tabo of the Adelaide branch, and in 2005 the Brisbane branch was established, thus ensuring a truly national presence that Airepure is proud of and is committed to.
2007 was a year of massive sales growth, with a strengthening of our infrastructure and personnel in all areas of the business to ensure proper management of this growth, which we are pleased to say we achieved. Nationally a further 4 technical sales people were employed to help manage this growth during this period.
2008 saw us open a branch in Canberra & employ an in-house Engineer in Melbourne in January. A strategic alliance was formed with Strobic USA in April 08 for distributing their products throughout Australia. We provided a much stronger presence at the ARBS show in Melbourne in April 08 which was particularly well received by industry participants with very positive feedback, and we were supported by our USA business partners Flanders & Purafil who provided senior representatives to assist with supporting product information at this show. May 08 also saw us present the Purafil products to industry participants by way of a roadshow in both Sydney and Melbourne, with well respected US industry lecturer & Purafil’s Technical Director Mr Chris Muller providing the presentation.
Many complex Waste Water solutions have been completed in 2008 & 2009 with some involving turn key solutions with our business partners seeing us manage numerous large projects in NSW, ACT and Victoria.
Despite the falling AUD to USD late in 2008 & the Global Financial Crisis, 2009 has seen Airepure still growing and adapting. All of our Director’s late Jan 09 attended the ASHRAE convention in Chicago to further enhance our product range and supplier relationships; February 2009 saw Andy Weller providing another Purafil roadshow to our clients predominantly around the Purafil GridBLOK product; and June 2009 saw Kevin D Kennard of Duall USA running a series of seminars in NSW, ACT and Victoria focusing on a “cradle-grave” coverage of odour generation & control for waste water systems. Although each seminar ran for a full day all the participants were extremely impressed with Kevin’s knowledge on odour & the use of chemical, biological systems to combat these problems. Duall’s recently developed horizontal flow Bio-Scrubber was a real eye-opener with its low profile, minimal moving parts & short acclimation time. We will continue to keep our clients up to date as more information becomes available. We also became the Australian agent for Deviser.
Our relationship with Flanders Precisionaire was discontinued early in 2010 whereby those products were sourced from China.
2011 was a year of change and growth, with Airepure being purchased by the shareholders of the Fantech Group, becoming a member of the ELTA Group (UK). Under this new alliance, Airepure came to operate independently in three regions; Asia Pacific, South Africa and Europe, joining Fantech and other ELTA Group businesses within Australia, New Zealand and Asia markets. Airepure also became the sole Australian distribution partner for MetPro/Duall USA and established the Environmental and Pollution Control Division of Airepure. The combination of Airepure products, expertise, existing distribution partnerships with Purafil and Air Scrubbers, and the new technology product lines offered by MetPro/Duall USA allowed us to provide complete solutions for the Environmental Air Pollution control markets.
Expansion within Airepure followed, when Airepure’s Special Projects Team was expanded in 2012 to look after highly developed projects such as hospitals, laboratories and science and pharmaceutical facilities and an Airepure WA branch was opened in 2013.
Throughout all this time, we have developed an extensive national re-seller market; have become a preferred contractor to some of the biggest national contractors in Australia; have provided filtration & turn key solutions in such diverse markets as Hospitals, Oil Rigs, Laboratories, Water Treatment Bodies, Museums, Universities, Art Galleries etc & we are continuing to add to our product range for solutions in other markets – if you need a Filtration solution, talk to us, we will do whatever is possible to solve it for you.
And where are we now?
- We are looking at further expansion in both products & tailor made solutions
- Sales continue to climb at incremental rates
- We have over 30 staff nationally with over 200 years industry experience
- We have an in-house Engineers to assist with providing engineered solutions for our clients
- We’ve established International supply chains to lower costs to you and source world quality products
- We will continue to bring to the Australian market world quality solutions and products.
All these things can only assist all of you – our clients, potential clients and business partners.
That is the Airepure of today – a true knock-about Australian success story.
Our Partners In Air Filtration
Purafil Inc, Established in 1973, Purafil, Inc. is a world-leading manufacturer of gas-phase air filtration systems that eliminate toxic, corrosive, odourous and hazardous gases. If you have an air quality problem, Purafil has the solution. Their systems:
- Prevent corrosion of electronics at oil refineries, pulp mills and chemical plants
- Improve indoor air quality in schools, hospitals and office buildings
- Ensure the safe preservation of artifacts in museums, libraries and archives
- Assess, control and monitor airborne molecular contamination in cleanrooms
- Serve the air quality needs of the municipal water and wastewater industry
With representative firms throughout the United States and in 50 countries, they maintain nearly 20,000 installations worldwide. They have pioneered numerous air quality standards and are ISO 9001 certified.
As a leader in air purification, Purafil is committed to the satisfaction of their customers through the quality of their work and the continuous improvement in people, products and systems.
- York Corporation develops Purafil media
- Borg-Warner Corporation acquires York
- Colorado Scholl of Mines manufactures development quantities of Purafil media
- Marbon Chemical Division of Borg-Warner assumes manufacturing and marketing responsibilities of Purafil
- Marbon Chemical Division launches full line of Purafil products in Southern U.S.
- Purafil Inc. established in 1973 to market product line nationwide
- Purafil media becomes direct replacement for charcoal (activated carbon) in commercial HVAC systems
- Purafil announces second-generation, enhanced-capacity Purafil® II media
- Environmental Systems Division (ESD) established in 1987 to serve the municipal water and wastewater industry
- William Weiller acquires Purafil in 1989 and expands the company internationally
- Purafil announces third-generation, enhanced-capacity Purafil® Select media
- Purafil receives U.S. Presidential “E” Award for exporting in 1991
- Purafil develops Onguard® 1000 monitor for real-time air quality monitoring
- Purafil introduces Onguard® 2000 with improvements in accuracy, user interface and application flexibility
- Purafil receives prestigious “E Star” Award for Excellence in Exporting in 1997
- ESD relocated to company headquarters in 1998 to streamline operations and expand representative base
- Purafil launches MediaPAK® disposable plastic module
- Purafil partners with Ingersoll-Rand Company Limited
- Purafil launches password-protected Web site for representatives, granting 24-hour access to laboratory reports, order details and technical data
- Purafil is ISO 9001 certified
- Purafil launches the Purafilter®, the only filter containing a potassium-permanganate-impregnated adsorbent for use in cleanrooms and commercial applications
- Purafil announces the Onguard® Continuous Corrosion Transmitter (CCT), third-generation air quality monitor
- Purafil Vice President David Nicholas discusses the company’s Shelter In Place system during live interview on CNN Headline News
- Purafil announces Enersave, an energy-savings program for commercial facilities that uses ASHRAE 62’s IAQ Procedure to reduce outside air requirements
- Purafil receives the 2004 US EPA Clean Air Excellence Award for the Enersave Program.
- Purafil ESD secures 100th Emergency Gas Scrubber (EGS) installation and makes the industry’s first international sale of a one-ton EGS (Melbourne Australia)
- Purafil announces second-generation, enhanced-capacity Chlorosorb® II media
- Purafil receives 2003 Achievement Award in the Technology Merit category from the Environmental Business Journal
- Purafil launches Installation Tracking System, a Web-based system designed to help representatives track service needs of all installed equipment
FLANDERS / CSC
Flanders/CSC’s reputation for excellence in the design and fabrication of critical air filtration systems is the result of decades of attention to the toughest environmental and safety standards in the world. All through the long development of containment housings, safety has been the first design priority and their track record reflects the confidence of their customers. Flanders/CSC containment systems are operated in hundred of sites throughout the world, including:
- Chemical and Biological (CB) Protection
- Chemical, Biological, Radiological (CBR) Protection
- Nuclear, Biological, Chemical (NBC) Protection
- Hospital Isolation Suites
- Pharmaceutical Facilities
- Microelectronics Sites
- Food Processing Areas
- Biological Research
- Genetic and Biotech Labs
- University Campuses
- Industrial Process Exhaust Systems
- Chemical Process Facilities
- Animal Disease Labs
- Radioisotope Handling Facilities
- Nuclear Power Plants
- Strategic Nuclear Facilities
- D.O.E. Facilities
- Military Bases
Flanders/CSC Corporation specialises in air filtration systems to remove dangerous airborne contaminants; these systems are commonly referred to as “containment systems”.
Flanders/CSC serve this very narrow and specific portion of the air filtration industry. They are recognised as the only company in the United States specialising in containment air filtration systems. Containment systems are extremely high quality, high efficiency systems used to filter and contain dangerous particulate and/or gaseous contaminants.
All Flanders/CSC products are designed, developed and manufactured to exact standards for control of dangerous, toxic, or noxious contaminants. Flanders/CSC serves customers for general ventilation and air conditioning systems, Department of Energy, Department of Defence, hospitals, pharmaceuticals, genetic and biotech facilities, universities, nuclear power and nuclear materials processing.
MetPro/Duall USA is one of the leading manufacturers of air and water quality control systems for the treatment of odours, corrosive fumes and toxic gas in industrial and municipal applications.
- Odour control systems
- Fume scrubbers
- Emergency gas scrubbers
- Aerators & degasifiers
- Stripping towers
- Exhaust fans
- Plating & process tanks
- Corrosion resistant ventilation systems
- Dust & particulate control systems
- Wet dust collectors
- Mist eliminators
- NOx control systems
- Custom designed air pollution abatement systems
Met-Pro Systems designs and builds thermal and catalytic oxidation systems for removal of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and other atmospheric pollutants from a variety of industrial processes.
- Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers (RTOs)
- Recuperative Thermal Oxidizers
- Catalytic Oxidizers
- VOC Concentration Systems
Strobic Air Corporation, is a recognized technological leader in the air movement industry, specializes in technologically advanced exhaust systems for laboratory fume hoods in university, public health, government, chemical, pharmaceutical and other process industries.
- Lab exhaust systems
- Cleanroom systems
- Explosion proof fans
- High temperature fans
- Smoke exhaust fans
- Custom fan systems
©Airepure Australia 2013